Interactive Genetics CD-ROM
|BY Lianna Johnson and John Merriam, University of California - Los Angeles
Net Price: $16.00
This CD-ROM contains tutorials, interactive problems and self-tests. For some topics a tutorial introduces the subject with animations and illustrations of basic genetic concepts required to solve the problems. Additional concepts are introduced through interactive problems, which take the student in a step-wise manner through a complex problem. Recognizing the errors students most frequently make and where they have conceptual difficulties, the authors have provided tailored feedback to predictable classes of wrong answers.
Request a sample
Adopt this title
Visit the Interactive Genetics Website
| Contents |
- Animations and videos to explain molecular processes and experiments.
- Step-by-step problem solving
- Specific feedback to predictable wrong answers
- Major concepts introduced through problems
(CD-based FlyLab; Web-based Bacterial Genetics)
- Allow students to design experiments
- Student-generated data is owned by student
- Immediate results allows focus to be on data interpretation
- Quizzes contain a large number of short answer problems
Accompanying Student Manual and Instructor's Guides are also available.